Created in 1989, MSTA provides inspiring outdoor experiences, advances appreciation of the beauty of the Mount Shasta area, and assists in educating the public in environmentally sound stewardship.
We build trails, advocate for more access to trails and trail protection, and work to conserve the natural beauty of our area. In addition, we offer a selection of resources to aid newcomers and experienced hikers alike.
MSTA News & Highlights
- John Thomson Joins MSTA Board of Directors
- Lynda Hardy Joins MSTA Board of Directors
- Trail Crew Repairs City Park Raised Walkway
- Hike to the Deadfall Lakes and Mount Eddy — Saturday August 3, 2019
- MSTA MAKES BIRDHOUSES FOR RAVEN TREE GIVEAWAY
Want to help? Join the MSTA with a donation, or volunteer for our Trail Team to help maintain and develop trails in the area.
We create new trails in the Mount Shasta area, maintain existing ones, and help conserve the natural resources that make these trails such an attraction. We also advocate for preserving and expanding access to local hiking, biking and equestrian trails.